1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Just a selfish personal note. My wife hit a home run with a belated Christmas gift that arrived today. I couldn’t find a better thread for this.

I am a longtime Golden State fan, going back to when I was a young boy in NYC and the Warriors drafted Chris Mullin. But I recently moved from the middle of nowhere to outside Philadelphia, original home of the Warriors.

She found this brilliant shirt that lets me cheer for Golden State whole tipping my cap to the original city.

B432C7AC-F3B8-4EF4-B768-D3326025039B.jpeg

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Kawhi has missed 12 of 50 Clippers games.

Soft.

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

What is going on in the NBA? Andre Iguodala is worth a 2/year, $30 million extension? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

At least we get to (hopefully) see two years of Ja Morant destroying him on the court.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Isn't that actually pretty cheap, in NBA terms, for a halfway decent veteran?

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah... but "decent" is a legit question. Last we saw Iguodala I thought he looked washed.

I think year two is a team option, which makes it look a whole lot better.

Tweener likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sources: Kings ship C Dedmon, picks to Hawks

30-year-old reserve signs three year contract - demands trade six months later. Honestly - I have no problem with players demanding trades, but it does seem like there should be some "cost" involved. Twenty percent of a contract value? Most players would be fine with it figuring a new place would eventually raise their value.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  7. PCLoadLetter

There is a cost. He's going to Atlanta.

sgreenwell and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

Crazy stat...

Last seven games, Damian Lillard is shooting 52% from the field... and 54% from the 3 point line.

That's insane, particularly given how many of his 3-pointers are 30 footers.

9. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

He’s playing out of his mind. Fun to watch.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

I'm usually pretty critical of his game -- he takes shots that drive me insane -- but I watch a lot of Blazers games and he's been absolutely unbelievable. He's routinely nailing threes with a foot on the midcourt logo.

Tweener likes this.
  11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The Timberwolves and Warriors make a deal.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How are the Warriors not going to end up in luxury tax hell? No one's going to want Wiggins if they try to move him.

Draft saved Draft deleted