1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I'm going to get a chance to interview Cody on Sunday as he comes back to Atlanta to visit the Hawks game and stump for AEW's 2/19 show.

Remind me not to pat him on the back. That last segment looked BRUTAL.

Batman likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Former WWE developmental talent Brett DiBiase is in hot water for trying to become the next Million Dollar Man.

https://www.magnoliastatelive.com/2...wrestler-charged-with-stealing-federal-funds/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

4. Baron Scicluna

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

For me its really gonna depend on the price. And whether or not I already have that service.

Throw it on Amazon live? Sure. Throw it on DAZN or ESPN and it costs me more than $20? Hell no.

At this point I’m not sure I’d feel like I was missing out on anything, so they’d have to radically change what they’re presenting on the Big 4 pay per views to get more of my money.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The PPVs are most of what I regularly watch on the Network. It's the best deal going at $10 a month. If they want to start splitting off the Saudi PPVs, that's fine. I won't miss those. But I'm not adding another streaming service just to watch WWE.

Baron Scicluna and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Interesting idea from Bryan Alvarez, what if Vince sold Wrestlemania to Fox for broadcast? Then it really would be the Super Bowl of wrestling

8. Baron Scicluna

It would be interesting, but they would have to figure out a way to insert the commercials. And they would have to figure out either cutting down the show, or having part of it on the network and part on Fox.

9. nietsroob17

Even includes a deep cut of pre-R Truth Ron Killings.

10. nietsroob17

It's a night of returning WWE icons -- Goldberg AND Heath Slater!

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed. God, MJF is so great as a smarmy heel. Tough to tell whether he was really confronted by a "fan" after they took off up the stairs or whether it was all part of the show

12. Baron Scicluna

That was a lot of fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted