1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like - product reviews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Nov 17, 2019.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Got a pile of them for Christmas. Yep, totally live up to the hype.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Boxers, briefs or boxer briefs? I’m partial to the last.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Mine are boxer briefs. Highly recommended.

wicked likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Thanks.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mexican Coke. Mexican Sprite and Mexican Orange Fanta are the best. Made with sugar not corn syrup. Same with Dr Brown. Also look for Coke that is Kosher for Passover not just Kosher. That’s made with sugar not corn syrup.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Dress shirts/more casual button downs: thoughts?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I like and have bought Lands’ End shirts, usually no-iron, for decades.

I almost always buy button-down oxfords and pinpoints and wait until there’s an catalog-wide sale or buy overstocks or colors no one else wants.

I’ve found that the shirts fit well and last for years.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm a Brooks Brothers devotee when it comes to dress shirts - which I rarely wear these days.

For casual collared shirts, I'm wearing a lot of Filson, Howler Bros and Kuhl that I get on end-of-season sales.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Brooks Brothers were my go-to when I had to wear dress shirts regularly. True to size, wore well and lasted forever. Expensive (though they had good sales 2-3 times a year) but they lasted.

I rarely wear them now. But when I lost weight and went from an 18.5 neck to a 16, I went to a Brooks Brothers for new shirts. Now they have all these "fits" - slim, classic, modern, etc. I hate that shit with a passion. I did get a couple "classics" so I'd have them when I do need them.

I got a few Amazon Basics polos in my new size, inexpensive and so far they've held up quite well.

Lucky Brand is my go-to for my "Hawaiian" and other patterned sport shirts. Never pay full price, too much. You can always find a sale and their outlet prices are really good.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are benefits to living near an Air Force base and one of them is Mexican Coke in the local supermarket.

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

they tell me “Madison” is the name of the classic fit. Seems like it comes in white or blue, button collar or not ... and that’s it.

Fortunately, all the shirts I bought five years ago still are holding up great.

Moderator1 likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Thanks. Long ago someone here suggested giving My Tailor a try... you get a fitting when they roll through town and then you can order (made-to-measure or custom, I forget what they do). Anyone have experience with these guys? I've seen mixed reviews on Indochino.

(New job requires me to up my wardrobe game a couple notches. I miss wearing jeans to work, but there's some satisfaction in looking a little nicer.)

Draft saved Draft deleted