1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's not the first hole of a playoff. That was changed in 2014. It's a three-hole playoff, beginning at No. 16. If it's still tied after three holes, they play 17-18 until there's a winner.
    Try to keep up.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My bad.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes on Fox and Earnhardt, but that was the sport's biggest name and it overshadowed everything for weeks. With Nascar being a traveling circus, every city's fan base mourned when the series came through.

This Tour stunt just hit me the wrong way when I got a push notification about it through their app last night. If they had done this when the tournament began, to me that would have been much more authentic. Just a nitpick.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think the only athletic event that didn't have a #girldad tribute this week was a field hockey game in Nashua, New Hampshire.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Tony Finau is now one of my favorite golfers on tour. Is it because of an amazing backstory? Struggles? Nope. It’s because he doesn’t take any more time than needed to line up and hit it.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. And now to a playoff.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Where Finau loses

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In crunch time Webb Simpson will hit a fairway and make a big putt. He's also got one of the best caddies on the Tour.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Simpson with 3 straight birdies to win it, damn that's what I call deserving.

I was rooting for Finau though, been so good for so long without a win (not even a Sony Open or Greater Greensboro). That driveable 17 and he hits in that bunker 30 yds in front of green? Wow, I've been watching the Waste for 30 yrs and can't ever remember seeing anyone hit in that bunker.
    Bomb it right, even Webb hit the green. Curious.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Bunker was basically 270 to carry.
    Finau hits 3-wood a little on the neck. Came out spinning. Takes a lot of the momentum out. Webb hit driver.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finau won the Puerto Rico Open in 2016. Opposite field event, yes, but still a PGA Tour win.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thanks but yeah I intended to say since 2016 victory; he's been right there so many times since then, damn shame.

Draft saved Draft deleted