1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Our projected high today is 71.
    It's normally in the 30s-40s in February.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

It's 72 here in flyoverville. Phone says mid- to low 30s the next five days, with snow a possibility.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Same here. I love going from shorts and sandals on Sunday to a parka on Thursday ... in February.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

72 in Richmond ... I bought a road bike today, though, so it was nice to be able to get out and give it a good test ride.

6. Inky_Wretch

Details on the bike, man!

7. Driftwood

It's not expected to be below freezing this week, and that's a shame because we have a ton of rain heading our way.
    It should be snow.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Got a Felt endurance bike at a pretty good price. Transitioning from being a longtime mountain/hybrid rider so the fact that it has brakes both up top and near the shifters was a plus since I still like having my hands up top. So light and so much faster than the Raleigh I have. I basically stopped riding trails so I got thin tires on that one, but not road bike thin. Still, it was pretty heavy and slow. Now I can throw the knobbies back on that one and ride is as a mountain bike when I feel like it. Took a short five-mile ride on the new one today and really liked how smooth it rode. The shifting is going to take me a second to get used to, but at the price point ($699) it fit my needs perfectly. Looking forward to getting out on the Capital Trail if the weather keeps cooperating.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Congrats on the bike, Cosmo!

It was 72 here in Nashville yesterday. We're supposed to have mixed precip Thursday night. I should be in my snow clothes. Nope. A Robert Johnson t-shirt and painting khaki cutoffs.

Cosmo likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

That's a heck of a price for a Felt. Congrats.

I went for a quick 20-miler on Sunday thanks to the unseasonably warm weather. It was glorious. It sure beat Zwifting.

Cosmo likes this.
  11. Driftwood

We've had reached over 70 this week. Right now, it's 7 p.m. and 60 degrees. It's been raining for two days. It's FREAKIN FEBRUARY.
    Tree frogs are outside right now going nuts.
    Yep, everything is perfectly normal.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was 62 when I left for work at 7, it’s now 38. No commentary, just facts.

Draft saved Draft deleted