1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I was so far behind at this point that I didn't see any sense in starting it. I'm with you. When it shows up on Hulu or Netflix, I'll binge it.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Good Place is already on Netflix, though I'm not sure when they will add the final season. I have been meaning to watch it. My daughter gave it a shot, but didn't like it. I already know the big spoiler from the end of the first season, but I'll still give it a chance at some point.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm not shocked that Superstore is more popular than Good Place in terms of ratings.
    I've always said popular things (TV, music, beer, liquor) are made for the lowest common denominator of person while good things are made for those with taste. LOL

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought the final season was already on Netflix for The Good Place

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hadn't looked, but I assumed the final season wasn't on there yet since the last episode just aired this week.

6. heyabbott

I don’t usually like scary or horror but 4 episodes into The Outsider and I’m hooked.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Exactly. The show won't be as big of a streaming hit as The Office, but it'll be close.

Wenders likes this.
  8. heyabbott

I was wrong, its not there. But my daughter tells me its on Hulu.
    I have way too much TV Showtime STARZ Movie Channel HBO Netflix Prime EPIX ...

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loved the shout out on The Good Place to the East Dillon Lions.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Does anyone else watch Vikings on History?
    I've been invested and interested in this show since the beginning, but my interest has waned over the last couple of seasons.
    I was interested in Ragnar and the Anglo-Saxon England storyline. Since his death and the focus on Norway, it' been sort of a disappointing "well, I'm gonna see it through."
    The shows have been well done. I just don't have the interest. It's as shame.

spikechiquet likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

JUst finished "Godless." I love westerns. That final gun battle in town was absolutely stupendous.

garrow and heyabbott like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of Merrit Weaver - if you haven't seen it yet, check out Unbelievable also on Netflix. Not a western, but she is probably the best character actress working today.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted