1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching a BBC period mystery - whether Agatha Christie or whomever - just seems to make a cold wet wintry night a little more bearable.

Liut likes this.
  2. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

Maybe my least favorite storyline in sitcom history occurred on Curb when Cheryl left Larry for his good friend Ted Danson. I’ve never turned on a character more than Cheryl on Curb. And I will never like Ted Danson again, even in real life. Ridiculous, I know, but I can’t shake it. So I’m hoping Larry screws over Ted before that series wraps...

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's definitely better than the standard network TV fare. That whole night of ABC is now on our DVR, sans Modern Family. Stumptown, The Goldbergs, Schooled and Single Parents are all varying degrees of simple, standard network TV concepts executed very well with actors you like.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I really liked Smulders in "How I Met Your Mother" but I wasn't sure about this show. I really enjoy it. If I should happen to run into her, I'd tell her, "I like your show, but I hate it when you get your ass kicked every week."

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

For the life if me I can never remember if Danson and Mary Steenburher are still married or not because of Curb

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Cheer on Netflix is unlike any sports documentary I've seen in a while. A great look at a relatively unknown world, at least for me. Highly recommend it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

We binged it a weekend ago - really good stuff. I believe it is by the same people who do Last Chance U.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I watched the first two episodes of the second season of Lost in Space tonight. At some point, constantly having every possible thing go wrong just gets ridiculous, but it is at least as entertaining as the first season.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That was the flaw in the original series.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Aaron Hernandez Netflix series is compelling.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really don't remember much about the original series other than the robot and what some of the characters looked like. I also have vague and unfortunate memories of the 1998 movie, which managed to suck in spite of Gary Oldman and William Hurt. (I will admit giving it a chance due to the presence of Mimi Rodgers, Heather Graham and Lacey Chabert.)

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep, caught it last night. The MAGA hat stuff was brilliant.

Draft saved Draft deleted