1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sourdough vs. BBQ: Super Bowl LIV thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 19, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup, we're starting early. If it changes, this thread will come back to haunt me, but I feel pretty good about the outcome in Santa Clara.

We're off to South Beach (though the game won't be played close to there, about 20 miles away) for the first time in 10 years.

A franchise going for its sixth championship (and first in 25 years, coincidentally, in Miami) against one that hasn't been there in 50 years.

I lean to the 49ers (pick the better defense vs. the better offense; see Broncos-Seahawks six years ago) despite my obvious disgust with the Chiefs.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What the hell, Jinxy Cat? At least wait until the huge lead enters the fourth quarter.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

49ers are going to win and New England fans are gonna go nuts now that Jimmy G "would" go on to earn his very own ring.

49ers 38, Chiefs 14

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

31-21 Chefs.

justgladtobehere and Lt.Drebin like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Everything I've seen in pro football for sixty years tells me San Francisco wins. But then there's Mahomes. I will reserve judgment for a little while.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Barbecue?
    Is East Carolina playing?

maumann and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think mobile qbs pose a challenge to the Niners defense. They lost to Baltimore and Seattle. It will come down to KC being able to stop the running game.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Your taste buds are bad and you should feel bad.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All I can think of is, two weeks of "Joe Montana played for both teams, what does he think about this matchup?" stories. I think I'm sick to my stomach already.

Liut and Tweener like this.
  10. Songbird

That's actually pretty funny. Sounds like a story for Screamin' A to get apoplectic over.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This. The Niners can stop the run well enough and keep the passing game in check, but a mobile quarterback (and Matt Ryan) gave them fits. The only things that could save them is KC's defense can be had, especially if they spot the Niners a double digit lead early, and that Andy Reid is coaching.

12. Songbird

Andy Reid back in the Super Bowl lol

Draft saved Draft deleted