1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One car or two?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Jan 14, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bought a Miata toy few mos ago and it’s a blast; also have an older (07) Infinit G35 in great shape and when I jump in it it’s still a great smooth ride with 300 hp, just no drop top or clutch. Would you rather have one nice or two good ones?

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

An old guy in a Miata. Checks out.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'd rather have one...that's made in America.

JK.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I realized this when I was in my 20's looking at the "old" dudes in the drop tops I wanted; who could afford them? I certainly couldn't then. Hey I've raised two boys into college, mortgage is paid down, I figure why not?

Tweener and Regan MacNeil like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's bad enough that we are about to have one car for every person in the family with my daughter getting her license soon. I am quite happy with just one car for myself.

If you can afford it, go for it. My father liked having a second car for himself that was toy, but that never interested me.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I mean, if the second car were a Porsche, I would have said FU, because that's the ultimate douche-mobile. Otherwise, if you can afford it, who cares, enjoy.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

For years my dad has had his nice car and also an old Honda S2000 (basically a Honda Miata). He loves the S2000 more than his Range Rover.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

S2000 is like saying a Buick Regal is like a Grand National, IIRC.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm on my fifth Miata. Wife drives an old Toyota Rav 4. So far as I'm concerned, an old beater pick-up is a handy extra to have. Going to Home Depot in a Miata lacks.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I drove my dad's old Cadillac Sedan de Ville in college, then I drove his old Honda Prelude much later. For sweet rides, I have no such appetite.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

when I was driving my ‘fully restored 66 Stang as a daily driver, parents bought a new Eldorado so I took the old one as a 2nd car. That was fun when it was winter time. Then someone made an illegal left turn in front of me and totaled the fun.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

About to trade in my '08 Altima with 182K miles on it for an SUV. Been doing a ton of research and it seems like the Honda CRV is the choice over the RAV4 and the Mazda CX5. Looking to buy an '18 or '19 with light mileage. I've had such horrible luck with American cars in my life that I don't think I can go back.

Draft saved Draft deleted