1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As a Redskins fan (and a human being), I hope to never see Jordan Reed on the field again. Seven known concussions. Missed all of last season with one sustained in a preseason game with the Browns. Immense talent. Enjoy watching him play. Want him to have an actual fulfilling life, however.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

What respect I had for the selection process took a major hit with Willis not even being a finalist.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jason Garrett to Giants as OC

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Good hire.

Liut likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Agree. That’s probably his best role on an NFL staff.

Liut likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It would've been a blessing to Garrett if Jerry had fired him 5-6 years ago. He'd have been a good OC for another team or two in the interim and might have gotten another HC job. Now that'll never happen.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Dude, he's going to be head coach of the Giants by October 2021.

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I never understand the utter contempt that a lot of Giants fans have for him. He has an above-.500 win-loss record in his career but he's the worst coach who ever lived.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s got a better winning percentage than Tom Coughlin. And 2 less rings.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It's interesting. Through his first nine seasons with the Giants, Coughlin only had a losing record once. It was his last three that sunk him.

I don't know. I'd settle for pretty good over the long run like him or Garrett than having one great season interspersed by years of bleh.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So Brady was at the UFC thing in Vegas and ran into none other than Mark Davis and they had a nice chat. This has attracted some attention here in Boston. I don't think for a second it'll happen, but Brady to the Raiders would be the most hilarious event in New England sports history. Instead of a midlife crisis, a midlife heel turn!! People here lost their shit when Johnny Damon went to the Yankees. They'd never get over Brady as a Raider. But Tom does not have the sense of humor (nor the Raiders the money) to make this happen.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What the hell, why not? Brady could play for minimum just to stick it to the Patriots. Plus spend a year or two in sunny Vegas.

Draft saved Draft deleted