1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I guess technically, we should have one of these now...

No surprise here, but a very well-done tribute video for Rocky Johnson from WWE. Hopefully, they'll air it on Smackdown tonight.

And well-written tribute from Dwayne on social media.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Haha. Yeah, we are more than halfway through January already. Time flies when you’re watching wrestling.

Agreed, nice tribute video. They talked about Dwayne, but didn’t beat us over the head with it.

Meanwhile, fun segment with Kane, Fiend and Bryan.

3. Baron Scicluna

Interesting question raised by my older son, of all people (he’s not a wrestling fan).

In a tables match, does it count if the opponent is put through the announce table?

I’m drawing a blank here.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

You know, I bet it would - And I'm surprised they haven't done it before. Send your idea to WWE Creative, maybe you'll get $10.

5. nietsroob17

Cole and Graves actually brought up that exact thing when they threatened to do it tonight, and said yes.

Elsewhere...

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

Otis, that lucky son of a bitch.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I love the Otis storyline. Its a ham but its fun and its hilarious. Should be a template for all the other soapy crap they want to try.

Meanwhile there are Lacey Lacey chants in the womens division? My ears must deceive me

8. nietsroob17

I think it all started with her wrestling Natalya in Saudi. There was really no way they could've kept her heel with her having such an emotional and landmark moment

I give her credit. She's improved her in-ring work, and she has done well accentuating the bad-ass Marine mom background. And anything to get her little girl on the air more is good business. Maybe a special enforcer to counter Sasha during the Royal Rumble match vs. Bayley? :-D

9. Baron Scicluna

All three of them played their roles perfectly.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I think she sucks. Promos are bad. Character is bad. They actually put “mother of one child” on her Smackdown intro chryron as if that means anything.

But I admit Im a horsewoman snob so Im biased

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Her Southern Belle character is better as a heel. I liked her early babyface character in NXT where she kinda was like a Rosie the Riveter WWII patriotic character.

Draft saved Draft deleted