1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 MLB Running Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Oct 24, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The article said she’d be in uniform that implies she’d be on the bench.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Giants taking their cue from Gannett.

They don’t play in a ballpark. They play in a Local Baseball Center.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If she's in uniform - she's a coach. Don't know why they called her an "assistant coach" though.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Former Kansas City Royals owner David Glass died last week, the team announced today.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Damn, that was kept private.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's usually a reason for that and not a pleasant one. Indicates either a suicide (seems unlikely) or an upcoming probate battle (my guess). People, even basically good people, get very weird at inheritance time.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

AP's Dave Skretta reporting cause of death was complications from pneumonia. Skretta's report also indicates Glass had been dealing with health issues for some time.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

King Felix heads to spring training with the Braves as a non-roster invitee. How the mighty have fallen

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You missed the follow-up.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A personal note: Many many years ago, I wrote a Herald column about the 10 best baseball movies and named "The Naked Gun" as one of them. A guy who ran a Boston media criticism Website ripped me several new ones for that choice because it's not a baseball movie. He's a good guy and I didn't take personally, but I kept in mind. Tonight, right at this minute, MLB Network is showing "The Naked Gun." Vindication!!! History has absolved me!!!

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Huff really is despicable. I guess I can see saying something about the parents, but taking a shot at their nine-year-old child is inexcusable. Whoever runs that Little League should boot him out on his ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted