1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You don’t think that the best foreign hackers aren’t sitting in that hotel? These morons don’t seem like the two factor authentication type. I’m guessing that every drunk butt text of Rudy is being picked up by a dozen foreign intel services.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm genuinely fearful for what is going to happen Monday in Richmond. This state is a fucking tinder box right now. The rural areas of Virginia have always resented the "elites" in NoVa and Richmond, but the entirety of the rest of the state truly believes that their rights are going to be taken away by this Democrat-led legislature, and they're willing to raise a middle finger to state laws to do it.

lakefront likes this.
  4. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

People talked about Hillary as a possible Chief Justice too. I don't see it. I'll be very surprised if any intelligent politician is nominated by a competent Administration to the SCOTUS. After the initial ego boost of thinking of oneself as Chief Justice wears off, any politician with any degree of self-awareness has got to realize that the work, even the life, is just so different from what they like to do. There's a reason that politicians with law degrees go into politics - they don't actually like the dry intricacies of the law that much. The only example that comes to mind of a bigtime politician who went on the Court was Taft, and he had been a judge before, had wanted to be Chief Justice for much of his adult life, and reportedly did not enjoy being President.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Earl Warren is another. Went from Governor of California to Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. He had also been on the ticket as VP for Thomas Dewey in the election Truman won as an incumbent.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Earl Warren was a multi-term Governor of California who had a short-lived Presidential campaign in 1948.
    Damn it, Ragu! Anyway, Sandra Day O'Connor was the last Justice to hold elective office of any kind.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I watch Schiff, and listen to his written words made oral, and pay attention to his temperament, and his supreme sense of confidence, and he's got that "It" -- bigly It -- and he was born to wear the black robe and lead that body. That's what I see. But I'm blind half the time.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm sure this will go over well.

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamanei called President Donald Trump a "clown" as he defended Iran's military after it mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane, in a relatively rare public address that came as he led Friday prayers in Tehran.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Watch the way Donald John Trump comports himself when he's in a public moment surveying the scene, looking at everything and seeing nothing ... it conjures images of Kim Jong-il's body language in such situations. It's pretty funny (in a not-so-haha way) to watch because Trump does see himself as a dictator but only the best kind of dictator.

lakefront likes this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Songbird, I think Schiff is a future president, if we don't become Venezuela in the next decade.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Let’s elect a game show host as president they said. He’ll shake things up they said.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sadly, that's the White House.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.