1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports subjects you are just plain tired of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 16, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sick to death of these. If I never heard or read another word about them, I'd be happy

• Pete Rose - just could not give less than a fuck whether he bet, didn't bet, is in the hall, isn't. Nobody has gotten more mileage out of that worn out subject. The other guys who went in in his year - you ever hear about them? Fuck no. Go away
    • Hall of fame debates - you do not know who was better. You don't know who was better in last night's game, let alone careers across generations. STFU
    • Arod - always been a complete bore to me.
    • Media lionization of media dead guys - just don't care about Stuart Scott or Jimmy V. Sorry
    • Your bet winnings - after the game is over. Show your receipts beforehand
    List yours

maumann, OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fud Boster /bym2

BitterYoungMatador2 and Chef2 like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bad beats
    all star snubs
    officiating - used to be there would be one or two calls a year people were outraged about - now it's one or two each game.
    players getting along with each other - or not.
    over coverage of the "big" teams simply because they generate traffic - Cowboys, Knicks, Yankees, Lakers, Dodgers, Patriots. I feel like the four teams in the NFL conference finals have barely been covered this year.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Agree on all 5 of yours, particularly ARod. He is the most transparently calculating person ever, and he comes off as incredibly unselfaware to me. That show he is doing on one of the cable networks, where he works with athletes and celebs who have lost all of their money really annoyed me.

I'd add at least these 5:

1) Brett Favre. Loved him as a player, hate him as a gray-haired pitch man for infomercial compression products.
    2) Dennis Rodman. It's not entertaining at this point.
    3) Tim Tebow. Although I was sick of him when he was actually relevant.
    4) Tiger Woods. I put up with the attention when he was on top of his game. At this point, he's just kind of a guy who has been a jerk to people.
    5) OJ Simpson. Just cause.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

More tired of the breathiness of it all.

6. Songbird

Lets go back to funner less breathy days.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

• Conference quality talk in college football. Some get good. Some get shitty. It's cyclical. Leave it alone.
    • Anything New England Patriots related.
    • Antonio Brown. Enough.
    • Rules experts. Do I really need Dean Blandino looking half-drunk on my TV a dozen times a game? No.

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  8. poindexter

What does breathy mean?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Re: All-Stars ... I'm a fan of the No Dunks (formerly The Starters, formerly The Basketball Jones) podcast, but those guys spend so much time during the season obsessing over who will make the All-Star team that it's comical. Also, I don't care who your MVP is in November. Find better ways to fill your air time.

10. poindexter

I forgot, I was going to add diva wide receivers. That idiot doing situps in his driveway, Chad Johnson's name change. Anything to do with Odell Beckham. You guys are replaceable. Very replaceable.

Regarding rules - one of the networks (espn college football?) - they don't even introduce him anymore - he is just an integral part of the broadcast team. What are we doing here, folks??

11. Songbird

IT'S ... THE ... MOST ... IMPORTANT ... THING ... EVER!

All day every day.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Songbird

Draft saved Draft deleted