1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Pro Wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Agree on Baszler, or as a surprise, maybe Ronda comes back?

As for the men, maybe they finally pull the trigger on McIntyre? They do seem to be doing a slow burn push lately.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

RIP Rocky Johnson. Obviously now known chiefly as the father of the Rock, but he was a fine in-ring performer in his own right. Delivered some devastating drop kicks, back when that was a more central part of the wrestling arsenal.

4. Baron Scicluna

He was a major star in Los Angeles and San Francisco in the 70s before joining the WWF, when he and Tony Atlas became the first African-Americans to win any sort of title in the company. Unfortunately, they didn’t get along, mostly due to Atlas missing shows because of his drug issues.

RIP

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

NWA this week had Scott Steiner (57) wrestling and Ricky Morton (63) earning a title shot. AEW has this...

That is, after the 63-year-old DDP tagged in from the 50-year-old upstart, Dustin Rhodes.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I've come to hate those spots with the guys just standing there waiting to be jumped on. It's even worse when a senior citizen is doing it in slow motion.

Batman likes this.
  7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Apparently they aren't taking CM Punk's advice.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

Damn. Beth Phoenix got opened up hard ways somehow in the back of her head. Back of her hair is pink almost.

9. nietsroob17

SANTINA!!!!!!

(And Beth Phoenix looks like she's been through a death match. Kudos to her for soldiering on.)

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We have the 2020 thread going, guys.

11. nietsroob17

I know. I created it.

I was just too lazy to look at which one I was posting on. :-D

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted