1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin editor quits, blasts G/O management

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Aug 16, 2019.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Now do the rape-shaming. You know, the one with the father who begged the sainted Deadspin not to run the story.
    The best thing some of these people can do is just fuck off for a while. We don't need to know their redemptive path.

wicked, FileNotFound and Sports Barf like this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The only (barely) interesting thing about that piece was the mailchimp website address.

Those who listened to the Serial podcast about the baltimore high school kid in jail for murder remembers the mailchimp ads.

3. Equalizer

Equalizer Member

Deadspin was built with scum, but because the site turned into a woke collection of 5,000-word essays punctuated with f-words (you know, because everyone was angry), it suddenly became all-is-forgiven. The blue checkmarks on Twitter (and some of the people here) who did all of the hand-wringing when the quitters walked out the door forgot about that.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The entire time reading the piece I also was thinking about the mailchimp website address.

poindexter likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Peeling the onion ... reporter's instinct says Daulerio's wife needed her husband to have closure with Sterger, and vice-versa.

I love a good coincidence. Coincidence is my middle name. But this one just doesn't feel organic.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Was it cocaine? Too much booze? Meth? Some combination thereof? He never specifies, while oversharing other aspects of his life.

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Or, forever.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He liked the cocaine.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He's walking his dog.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Has Sterger ... err, Decker written anything more about the meeting than the tweet?

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

She tweeted that she is going to write about it from her perspective soon.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My guess is that her perspective is going to be a lot more negative than his.

Draft saved Draft deleted