1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Aug 2, 2019.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

They musta been watching a different game than I did.

Cliff Harris was average, maybe a little above. Darren Woodson, on the other hand, could play.

I hate Dallas.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Of course Tagliabue - that was the whole point of this. This whole thing kind of seemed to have been reverse engineered for that particular result. Not saying the candidates are unworthy, glad for the Sabol family - but the process was a joke.

The Centennial Class was chosen by a special Blue Ribbon Panel put together by the Hall, and it was not subject to review by the usual committee of selectors. Initially, the Centennial Class was supposed to be subject to an up-down vote by the regular committee, but the Hall changed the voting process in mid-stream and made the Blue Ribbon Panel’s decision final.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rick Cleveland has been awesome for a long, long time. Very good guy, too.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

In honor of the newest Hall of Famer

Liut likes this.
  7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Glad Karras is in.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Good to hear Karras is getting in. An old bud of my Dad's, he was a good dude. On the flipside, glad Art Modell did not. He's the antichrist and this was probably his last shot.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Would enjoy hearing any Karras stories you have to share. Still have a copy of "Even Big Guys Cry."

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

John Facenda should have been inducted a long time ago. Greatest narrator’s voice ever.

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I have read that one a couple times. "Paper Lion" is a favorite and I love "Mad Ducks and Bears," in part because one anecdote features my old man. He has more stories than I do. I just jumped on the Karras family trampoline after church. One thing I remember is my Dad was asked to help coach the team. For free. Because he played high school football and in college for about 12 seconds. He had a fulltime job in advertising, but that's how NFL coaching staffs were back then. I think there were maybe four assistants, so they needed outside help. I do remember meeting some people, like "Mr. (Joe) Schmidt" and "Mr. (Lem) Barney." That would have been way cooler 3-4 years later. I also have a ton of autographed pictures from guys in the NFL at that time (Fran Tarkenton, Joe Kapp, Merlin Olsen, et al), which are worth nothing because they all have salutations with my name on them.

cyclingwriter2 and Liut like this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Has it been announced who this year's broadcaster is? To your point, Facenda definitely belongs. I suppose I assumed he already was.

Draft saved Draft deleted