1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Is Baylor a better job than Va. Tech? Interesting move if Fuente makes it.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

First: Bye bitch.

Second: Easier path to the playoff if you're at Baylor than at VT. Clemson is an absolute behemoth that is nearly unbeatable right now. On a completely different level than the rest of that league. Can't say that about anyone in the Big 12.

But, LOL, Fuente isn't leading anyone to the playoff. He's very good at shitting himself in late-game situations, though.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Him or Glanville.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

With Brady leaving, this is a helluva get for Rhule.
    Curious about Dykes not involved with Baylor.....
    There's something off there.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I assume the Hogs should be able to beat UAPB.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

heyabbott and Liut like this.
  7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Has Missouri State had any real success since Jess Branch, oh, 25-30 years ago? I simply do not know. Del Miller, Terry Allen, now Dave Steckel out. Seems like a lot of average football in Springfield.

Heck, I can remember how Southeast Missouri struggled for years when it went FCS (D-1 AA). IIRC, SEMO's made the playoffs hit-and-miss during the last several years.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

No. And even then, "success" was relative. MSU's best move for football is to go Division III or drop the damn program. Incredible waste of resources.

BurnsWhenIPee and Liut like this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Yeah, agreed on "success" was relative. Wasn't like Branch was making huge playoff runs.

I remember a lot of Hammons' money going into that university's athletic department. Unless that's changed, I'd be very surprised if what you propose were to happen.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Yeah, the university president, Clif Smart, seems to believe that high-quality football is a deeply important part of the overall educational experience. I'd be stunned if they've had a year since 2000 where they've filled 50 percent of the stadium on average, which leads me to believe that most of Springfield disagrees. I mean, I guess ALL success in FCS is "relative," but for me it's more about attendance and experience than winning. MSU football has consistently provided none of the above.

Liut likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Missouri State got Petrino for $250,000 per season for five years.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“...for some reason”. ? Come on. W’s matter. Lies with sufficient incredulous indignation to deflect any responsibility. State Penn has his back to avoid looking like the shit house they have always been. Minority coach “role model”. He’s bulletproof.

Draft saved Draft deleted