1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA National Championship Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Booger was in the middle of the field for the coin flip.
    They thought about letting him flip the coin, but decided against it for fear of him trying to unwrap it and eat it like a York Peppermint Patty.

Attached Files:

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I drove from downtown Washington back to Richmond after the Caps game last night (left at around 10:05 p.m.) and this game was still early in the fourth quarter when I got home. Absurd.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He and Patterson were great again. I gave up on the game yet hated to turn off that channel, it's one of the few times I watch ESPN and feel smarter for it.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Echo what everyone is saying re: the lateness of the game. After watching NFL the last 2 nights plus the alarm going off by no later than 6:15, the game just drags on too long. I gave up at HT, mostly because I knew I’d never make it to the end.

Not sure what the solution is. NFL isn’t going to give up their Saturday night or Sunday night playoff game. Friday night probably won’t get the ratings, but it would be awesome.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Okay all you gambling degenerates, do you know about the Pleaser?

It is when you sell points, don't buy them. Better payoff.

I was talking to my brother an hour before the game (he already had LSU), and told him about selling points. He rushes off the phone, calls his bookie, and takes LSU -13.5 at +250. Winner.

I saw it at a William Hill book, a pleaser 2 team (giving 6 points) was I think +600.

I don't think it works in the NFL, but so many college games with good offenses get lopsided. Going to look to use it next college season.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

See it also in big money poker.

9. poindexter

how does it work in poker?

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Did they hold the deadline even longer?

11. poindexter

When did the game end?

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A lot of the apps offer alternate spreads where you can give or take almost any number of points on a game, with corresponding plus and minus prices. Alternate totals, too. For the pleasers, like teasers, you have to string two or more games together and hit them all. Sounds easy until you get screwed by the last team on your ticket.

Draft saved Draft deleted