1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media member sells Kyle Rudolph's gloves on eBay

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The mechanics of this are hard to thing about. .... really low-hanging table cloth?

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Truth on points one and two, but I don't think most teams see any value in the Internet media at large. I think they think the genie is out of the bottle and there's no putting it back in. The pendulum used to be in entirely the other direction but those days are long gone. As long as the goobers stay quiet, remain out of harm's way and don't do anything stupid like, say, procure a pair of gloves from a player and sell them on eBay, what's the harm in letting the fanbois run around? (Of course there is harm but I think this is how they think)

First of all, EVERYONE eats the free lunch. :D Secondly, and maybe this is just my east coast bias speaking, but it amazes me that teams would want anyone else in the press box. Other than the aforementioned feel-good PR stories, everyone I encounter is happiest when the press box crowd is smallest.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And the search for a single sane star wide receiver continues.

5. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Yeah, the table cloths hung low, almost to the floor. You can think about the mechanics all you want but I can never forget that asshole honking into the tablecloth at least four times and each time he'd grab the tablecloth in a different spot. I managed to avert my gaze to the spots on the cloth.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t we be up to BYH3D: Long Island Drift by now?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

NCAA limited guides to 200 pages and no inside color photos for a few years. I think they backed off and it's Katy bar the door again.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

UMiami's spiral-bound media guide, at one time, was the best I've ever seen.
    Whoever put it together knew what they were doing.

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if many colleges do print media guides anymore, at least to the extent that they did in the past.

Now the push is on social media content, designing photos and graphics for recruits, that sort of thing.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Virtually every school has a pdf version of the book online.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

For a few years, I did radio in the morning and was a TV sports anchor at night. The money wasn't great but made it better.

One read that I did appreciate.

We had a radio deal where, when I would go through the games on radio, I would say what channel it was on for a certain cable system.

In return, I got free cable with ALL the channels. Including Cinemax.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted