1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yep, it's totally implausible that Bernie, a rape-fantasy essayist whose 2016 campaign was rampant with misogyny, would ever say something like that.

Christ.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I wonder if pumpkinhead realizes he's up against a few actual billionaires.
    Bloomberg and Steyer would be more useful to troll him w/r/t his imaginary wealth.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Outstanding, beautiful, lovely.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s plausible he said it. But it’s absolutely true there were months on end - before he topped a Des Moines Register poll in recent days - to have disclosed that about him.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Why would they use that earlier? That’s better served by being used to change the “narrative” and get a jolt of press coverage, which this has done in spades. Until Warren started backing up, they didn’t need to.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I called it a gambit.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm planning on voting for Sanders in the primary at this point. That Bernie hasn't received a lot of national attention hasn't been all bad. I haven't seen him getting grilled on 60 Minutes, asked about his current and future relationship with the Democratic Party or explain how he'll get his plans through a Republican Senate. His stock answer has been "we need a revolution" - pretty much putting his inability to get things passed on people not giving him majorities. And he has had a pretty easy run of it so far - not sure if it is because other Dems are worried about alienating his voters or they figure his voters aren't likely to flip during the primary in any event.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So here's the thing about Bernie. People presumably like him because they like his policies and believe they will help our country. Sounds reasonable. Problem is that they have no chance of becoming law unless the Democrats wind up with 53 Senate seats after November. Not bloody likely. Manchin and Jones from Alabama -- if he's re-elected -- ain't gonna go for stuff that burdens middle class people with considerably higher taxes. Couple of others may feel the same way.
    If that's correct, he'll have to moderate his positions. And then you don't have Bernie. You've got another candidate. Democrats must accept that the top priority is beating Trump. Nominating a personally abrasive guy who just had a heart attack won't get it done. Is he as abrasive as Trump? Nope, but he's not somebody who will inspire fence-sitters to take the effort to vote. Especially in competitive Trumpist states such as Florida, where that task is already complicated.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For all the time spent during the debates - the central question should be how the candidates aim to make their policies laws. Not sure which is more naive, that Dems will create enough of a majority to get them passed or get enough Republicans on board.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

All about me. Why would I congratulate the team that won the game I was at?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.