1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Championship Games Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Good matchups. Fresh faces yet nice contrasts as well. Reid/Mahones v. Vrabel/Henry and then Niners v. Packers.

Titans have done amazing to now, they will gash the Chiefs because well they're the Chiefs and can't stop the run. But Titans don't pressure the QB very well and the Chiefs have probably the most targets in NFL. Chiefs tend to get one-dimensional (no run) and yet they just rip it. No pass rush means you get crushed by Mahomes if you ask me.

Niners - Packers, we already saw that. That Niner D will get after Rodgers and after that don't think the Packers can stay in it. Rodgers did make some sweet throws on Sun but besides Clowney, Hawks had no rush.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Packers are the only frauds in this last group of four. The other three have 2019 bona fides.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I'm on it!

Green Bay Packers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    San Francisco 49ers
    Tennessee Titans

poindexter likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vacate that game [/crossthread]

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter, because I wholeheartedly endorse this point of view.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The history of Cinderella story quarterbacks whose teams make a surprise trip to the Super Bowl, beginning with Craig Morton, hell, with Earl Morrall, is not one with many happy endings, which bodes ill for Tannehill if he gets there.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Tony Corrente is the AFC white hat and and John Hussey will be on the NFC game.

Guess that kickoff screw-up by Corrente in the Bills-Texans game didn't completely end his season.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Hussey's really good.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Aren't the role of the lead referees overrated? They get the most face time but they really only make the QB and OL calls. They don't overrule the PI calls or others that others see right? Unlike say the NBA or MLB, I don't think I ve ever seen the lead guy convince someone else to pick up a flag. They may have influence pregame, but not really during the game.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They are the crew chief. They lead the other officials during the week in meetings and study as well as on the field. He is the face of the crew. Most definitely not overrated.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted