1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual harassment within the industry

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I’m all for exposing the men who are harassing women in their DMs. Why are some being protected by having their identities hidden when the women show the screenshots?

Also, since when is being drunk an excuse? Guys pull this crap, discover that the woman on the other end is not OK with it and then think that saying they were drunk is a valid excuse. It isn’t.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm still laughing over the "there is so much cum on your face" tweet from Mike Rosenberg, formerly of The Seattle Times. I'd love to know where he is now.

4. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I was trying to remember who that guy wrote for before he was outed. What an idiot.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Once guys get it through their minds that, if the women in sports media are going to get down with anyone in this workplace, it’s the athletes they cover and not their male colleagues, it then gets so much easier.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It has been a problem around here. Obviously, it's still a problem.

Stop it. Now. And report those who do so.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

These fuckin degenerate losers. I always want to ask them, how would you feel if someone talked to your own daughter like that

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Somebody talks to my daughters like that, he's getting the shit beat out of him.

Sports Barf likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted