1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Elizabeth Wurtzel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

She was Lena Dunham with a better fashion sense. Did you see where her mother debunked her story about the identity of her father?

I'm being harsh. It is sad that she died from a preventable disease and good for her that did what she could with the time she had left to convince people to get examined. My problem is with her literary legacy. She and Camille Paglia were held as late 20th C feminist iconoclasts in certain circles. The truth is they dragged down the discourse. Just not a fan.

Liut likes this.
  3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

You are being harsh. They're arguably better writers but both Jay McInerney and Brett Easton Ellis are still alive.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Neither of the writers you mentioned have boobs and a hairdo, so it's less critical (to me, at least) when they position themselves as the voices of their demographic.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Sorry. I forgot a :) in the original post.

But while I wish death on nobody, of either gender, they are way more horrible people.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Bright Lights, Big City is a terrific book. Never read another that so successfully pulls off the second person narrator that he uses.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I did not know that Wurtzel was fired from the Dallas Morning News, for plagiarism.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Hopefully wasn't swiping hot takes from Bayless.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

google dot com

"wurtzel" "aikman" "homosexual"

Nope.

CD Boogie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted