1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 MLB Running Hot Stove Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Taken with an iPhone Minus-95.

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They sucked. Finished in seventh place and hit eight home runs ... for the entire team.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Legit prospects in the Cubs' farm system are few and far between.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Because the complete gridlock on I-4, the Turnpike, and every major artery through town (particularly International Drive) is a much better selling point. "Well, those people will be listening to the games in their cars!" On the plus side, there's already a ferris wheel (hello, Comerica.)

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That’s the first year as the Yankees previously known as the Highlanders

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I live in Clearwater Beach and it’s 45 minutes to Tropicana
    It’s also 45 minutes to downtown Tampa
    Orlando adds another hour
    I would go to one Tigers game a year and have exhibition season so for me it isn’t a big deal

maumann likes this.
  8. maumann

The week of Thanksgiving, we tried to get from Melbourne Beach to visit our "summer" next-door neighbors who live in the Doctor Phillips part of Orlando the rest of the year. It took 2 1/2 hours to go 80 miles, most of that stuck in traffic for Sea World, the Convention Center, Universal and all the rich people trying to get home to Bay Hill/Isleworth/Windermere. Holy crap, that's some awful bottlenecking.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not quite Izzy Alcantara, but ...

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’m presuming Pitcher was bigger than catcher. Sadly I think of Juan Marichal and Roseboro. Chilling thinking of guy with a bat.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

I don't care if you just got plunked in a 13-1 game. As soon as you make the conscious decision to use that piece of lumber as a weapon, your career as a baseball player should be over. No second chances.

Marichal was a great pitcher, but his career will always be marred by the attack on Roseboro.

Punk-ass Campaneris should have sat the entire 1973 season for that bat toss in the 1972 ALCS, too. I lost complete respect for him from that point on.

qtlaw likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted