1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Is it just me but did Ben Bishop's goal pads look bizarre? Not the length ... I'm aware of the guy's height, but the shape, thickness and the North Stars' color?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Lose to Anaheim, get fired.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

John Hynes coaches his first game with Nashville tonight. Will be back at "The Rock" in a couple of weeks.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

@micropolitan guy Was just wondering how Terry and Kim Pegula's patience with progress of the Sabres is holding up? Haven't read anything at all. Just curious. Thanks.

Tip off the hat from St. Louis fans for providing Ryan O'Reilly.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

He'll be gone by State of the Skate.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

All I know is what I read in the Buffalo News. I think they need to make the playoffs this year.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's going to be a tough road ....

They're currently five points out of the second wild card and eight points out of third in the Atlantic. They're not finishing ahead of Boston, Tampa or Toronto, so they're essentially tussling with Carolina, Florida, Philly and Columbus for one of two spots.

Don't see it happening.

Liut likes this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Ray Shero out as GM of New Jersey Devils.

At the start of the season, I would have picked New Jersey a playoff team. My, how its season went turrible.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

WTH is going on in Newark?

And if ownership felt this way, why did they let him trade Taylor Hall out to the desert before firing Shero? Unless they had no intention of signing Hall long-term, which makes no sense given that they were developing young talent and had acquired P.K. Subban.

11. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

I could argue that Fred Shero contributed more to the Devils in his time as a radio color commentator than Ray Shero did as general manager.

Liut likes this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

You may be right.

matt_garth likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted