1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Portland, Ind.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Top daily seeks sports editor

Description:
    The Commercial Review, one of the top daily community newspapers in Indiana, is looking for its next sports editor.

Our sports editor is in charge of writing, photography and design for the sports pages. Experience with photography and page layout/design are a plus, but not required.

The Commercial Review, based in Portland, Indiana, has an excellent track record of sports coverage. The newspaper has finished in the top two for general excellence in the Hoosier State Press Association contest for each of the last seven years, and awards this year included first and second place for sports feature photo, second place for sports action photo, third place for sports news or feature coverage and third place for sports section.

Sports coverage at The Commercial Review focuses on two area high schools, which compete in football, volleyball, soccer, cross country, basketball, wrestling, swimming, gymnastics, baseball, softball, golf, tennis and track. We also cover area amateur sports, including the Portland Rockets baseball team that has made two recent trips to the National Amateur Baseball Federation World Series.

The candidate we are looking for will have experience covering sports for their college newspaper and/or for a professional publication.

Send resume and three examples of your work to editor Ray Cooney at r.cooney@thecr.com.

2. crschanz

crschanz New Member

This is my current position, one I am leaving at the end of the month. I'd be more than willing to answer any questions.

3. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Any Blazers coverage with this one?

tonygunk likes this.
  4. JordanA

JordanA Member

You'd be about 2,300 miles too far east for that, dog.

5. jla74m

jla74m Member

This one is posted again on journalismjobs.com for the third time in four months. I wonder why?

6. crschanz

crschanz New Member

Job has been turned down by candidates.

7. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Wonder why....make $25,000 and work 16 hours a day!

Draft saved Draft deleted