1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Go Bowling------2019-20 Bowl Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

With only LSU-Clemson to go, it's Narrative 1 ahead 7-2.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kind of pathetic that they need 2 more weeks after a bowl game to prepare.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The whores at the NCAA have no desire to piss in the NFL's cereal.
    I think LSU blows Clemson out of the water. You could give Clemson 90 days to prepare and I don't think it matters.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The fact the game is not this Monday and is on the 13th is because the semifinal dates were changed but the Superdome wasn't available on the 6th and was already booked for the 13th for the title game.

Starting next season, the title game gets bumped back up to where it should be.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, it gets bumped back a whopping two days (to Jan. 11).

But semifinals get moved up to Jan. 1 (Rose/Sugar semis), so the gap is five days fewer.

Closest future playoff that has similar semifinals as this season are 2024-25 and 2025-26.

Playoffs are Dec. 27 and Dec. 28 those two years, but title games are Jan. 6 and Jan. 5.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face: you'll never grow this playing on a Monday night. You get away with it in college basketball because the game is only two hours and a lot of people have bet on the game through direct bets or office pools. Your average college football game takes longer than a round of golf, and people on the east coast won't stay up to watch this. Hell, most of the northeast doesn't watch anyways.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If it's compelling, I stay up. The second it turns into a boatracing like Clemson-Bama last year, I turn it off.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On Monday morning Jan. 13, there will be 10 sports fans discussing the following Sunday's NFL conference title games for every one discussing LSU-Clemson. Which is too bad, because it ought to be an excellent game. PS: Here in Boston, make that 100 to one.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Let me guess: a monster truck show with car-eating Truckzilla?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You have GOT to be kidding.
    The DB initiates the grabbing. And that is OPI? On a play off the ball?

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've watched enough replay this season to realize it was better when officials had the chance to "even out" calls and manage games. Maybe the team gets the short-end on a coin-flip kind of play, you even it out if the opportunity arises. If I were a Wisconsin fan I'd be more hacked at the overall penalty disparity - UW had about three times the penalties as the Ducks did.

Draft saved Draft deleted