1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Go Bowling------2019-20 Bowl Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Mixed feelings.
    First of all, Lemonnier was insistent that it was the right call. Herbstreit wasn't sold on it from the beginning, even after Lemonnier said it wasn't.........Herbstreit didn't want to get into a pissing match about it, so he conceded.
    Dammit, if you have an opinion about it, then share it. Don't just give in.

McAulay is a pretty good follow on the twittersphere.
    Terry McAulay (@SNFRules) | Twitter

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I guess you can't sell the time that they're playing, but come on.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

With all due respect, I disagree with several things.
    Because Lemonnier was insistent means nothing. We once had a poster here who was insistent that Donald Trump is a good guy. GREAT sense of humor. Great president.
    Insistent doesn't mean shit. When my dog had giardia, she was insistent on spewing watery crap every day for months.
    There were five minutes left in a close Rose Bowl. I don't want Herbstreit arguing with a nut bag.

With all due respect, I consider replay, and the proliferation of the TV referee experts, to be an absolute scourge. This shit is getting worse, not better. At this point, I just don't even care if the call is right or not. I'd rather just get on with the next play. One of the networks (ESPN college?) the TV ref guy is now integrated into the telecast. Not even "called in" like Blandino or Steratore. I don't want to click on his twitter for MORE call analysis.

Edit - I did click on it. Good for McAuley. Seems like a straight shooter. I was conditioned for the worse.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl is being played in a monsoon right now between BC and Cinci.
    If there is 5000 people there, I'd be stunned.

5. poindexter

"We're gonna need a bigger tarp!"
    [​IMG]

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Now in a weather delay.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That should be called the Friends and Family Bowl. Cause the only ones who give a shit about this game.........are Friends and Family.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I just don't get the scheduling of these bowls. The timing of Christmas and New Year's both being on Wednesday is weird, I get it. But it's like they assumed the entire country took two weeks off and are sitting around at 3:30 on a Thursday looking for something to do. I don't know about the rest of everyone, but I'm working today, and I had to take PTO last week to get Thursday and Friday off.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Perhaps figuring recruits will be watching?

10. poindexter

ITS TV PROGRAMMING. THAT IS ALL IT IS.
    ESPN TELLS THEM WHEN ITS GOING TO BE ON. END OF STORY.

11. poindexter

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Right, I get that. But who is watching an afternoon game today? Clearly not BC and Cincy fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted