1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Helluva lot of goals in several games last night. Does that always happen the night before their holiday break? If so, someone remind me next year for investment purposes.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can only speak for Caps-Bruins, but Washington took approximately one eleventy billion minor penalties in the first 10 minutes and Boston appropriately pounced.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I was making pies last night, and had the tv on in the background.

It was 1-0 Bruins and I put my head down and started to roll out a crust. Looked up 10 seconds later and it was 4-0.

Yikes!

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Leafs scored three times in like 59 seconds - three of their eight versus the Hurricanes. Who scored six.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Beauty of banking all those points early is you’re afforded a few stinkers. Could have been a 7-6 type game had Rask not been on fire. He was really good.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

i didnt realize they were no longer together. Hate to assume the worst but didn’t nbc just launch its own hockey pod? Discouraging talent from going on the biggest competitor bc they might step in it like JR did is not off the table here. What he said was awkward but not particularly offensive.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I thought she was married to a career AHL goon

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Guentzel out 4-6 months. Penguins can't catch a break.

10. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Penguins have the fifth best record in the NHL despite Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Dumoulin, Schultz, Hornqvist, Rust, and Bjugstad all missing substantial time.

Crosby has missed 20+ games. Malkin missed 13. Bjugstad was supposed to be their No. 3 center and has played all of 10 games.

Now Guentzel is out for at least the regular season. Maybe he's back for the second round of the playoffs.

The Kings went through something similar a while back, but I can't recall anything this extensive to a team's stars.

NHL should just give Mike Sullivan the Coach of the Year award now. And if the Pens still make the playoffs, the city should put a statue of him right next to the Lemieux one outside the arena.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The weather gods have smiled on Dallas for the first time in a long time. Cloudy, dry and 50° — perfect ice conditions for a hockey game in the Cotton Bowl.

The amazing thing is the midway is open at the state fairgrounds. It’s like the Red River Showdown. Wish now I had gotten tickets.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's impressive. Weird thing is that I haven't really kept up with the Pens this year because the Caps don't play them until frickin February. Not that I don't watch the rest of the league on occasion, but when you're super invested in one team you sort of miss things when your team isn't playing someone.

Draft saved Draft deleted