1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

17E15246-6FC0-4127-B8D9-1EA0ECDD0CCB.jpeg

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

7 pick sixes in a season is a joke. The guy is garbage. Godwin and Mike Evans make him look better than he is.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

mpcincal and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Extremely mesmerizing.

Batman likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mesmerizing, indeed:

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't realize the Broncos were still dealing with ownership stuff.

Pat Bowlen’s Kids Are Still Fighting Over Inheritance As 2 Daughters File Lawsuit

I'm guessing that those filing suit think they have nothing to lose and might get a a six or seven-figure settlement to go away - still, if I'm ever this wealthy - and have the opportunity - I'm spelling things out personally ahead of time, maybe even require those involved with the will sign off that they have been notified of the contents of the will.
    I'm probably reading too much into things - but I always think these inheritance messes end up reflecting very poorly on the deceased - fairly or unfairly.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’ve litigated probate matters and I find it the most distasteful because it’s about an inheritance, which means you did NOTHING to earn any of it. You were simply born to a fortunate place. Of course I come from immigrants. I’ve told my parents keep spending whatever they have, enjoy it.

Liut likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The only thing a child should ever fight for in such a situation is to make sure the parent's wishes are followed. I have seen how these things can get very ugly, but that usually involves one ore more people acting like selfish assholes and betraying the trust of the person who just died.

Bowlen's trust was set up 20 years ago. I hate to comment on a situation I don't fully understand, but it sure sounds like the two children suing are being selfish assholes.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Dolphins' Howard charged with domestic battery

Being like every other NFL team, the Dolphins cut a mediocre player arrested on charges of violence against a woman, but they are gathering information when their Pro Bowl cornerback faces a similar charge.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The two children who are suing are from Bowlen's first marriage. He has five children from his second marriage who are approximately 15-25 years younger than the children of the second marriage. The situation is complicated but basically a daughter from the second marriage appears to be the heir apparent while the oldest daughter from the first marriage will not be a successor.

The elder Bowlen did not make an explicit choice among his children but instead set up a trust to make the decision. One of the trustees is the current Bronco president and another the Broncos lawyer. Those two have a substantial financial interest in not turning over management of the franchise until they are ready to retire. So it is in financial interest of the trustees to push out the older daughter, who is around fifty and start to groom thee younger daughter, who is about 30. I know I am a cynical person.

I remember reading a book by Bill Veeck, who owned four baseball teams, and also had two separate families that he would designate a sale in his will because it was the only way that the families would not fight.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It’s not that hard. My dad has two families. I told my step brother everything will be right down middle of it ever comes down to that (meaning we outlive my dad.)

Draft saved Draft deleted