1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Dec 28, 2019.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

May as well avoid the Black Monday rush. But it all depends on who you listen to.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No way he's coming back.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There always seems to be one change that seems to come out of nowhere. The one that breaks the "if you aren't in the playoffs this year and didn't make it last year (and that wasn't your first year), rent don't buy."

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Now watch Jason Garrett and the Cowboys haul off and make the playoffs, postponing the move that must be made.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ron Rivera to the Skins? I don't care much about the Skins any more but I like that. Moving Bruce Allen out is good, too. But as long as the current owner is the owner, I won't get too fired up and most of D.C. stopped caring a long time ago

wicked likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Skins roster is bad. You look at their roster and it looks like they figured they would be "in the window" at this point with so many players over 30 - but their moves - not signing Cousins long-term, going stopgap with Smith and then drafting Haskins - are all over the place.
    I hope Rivera doesn't sign anything until he knows who the GM will be, and I hope the GM will tell Snyder to stay the hell away from the football side of things.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They are not devoid of talent. They're gonna get Chase Young (BTW, not a real good game last night). It's a very bad bad situation, but not hopeless. Have to remember all coaches are optimists with incredible faith in themselves.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If anyone can win while Snyder owns the team, it's Marvin Lewis.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Hell, I’m surprised Danny Boy didn’t take a page from his buddy Jerry and make himself GM.

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

So what are the early Black Monday projections?

Kitchens appears to be out.
    Marrone is a goner.
    Garrett is a goner as long as the Cowboys aren't playing next week.

Who are our hot coaching prospects? Anyone else in the league that had lunch with Sean McVay once and therefore is considered the "next Sean McVay?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Snyder's too chickenshit for that. He needs fall guys around him to take all the falls the franchise generates. Jones makes mistakes, some of 'em whoppers, but everybody knows they're his decisions.

wicked likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Shurmer gone. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Draft saved Draft deleted