1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mandalorian running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 20, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It would make sense if he was and he somehow saved the assassin so she can help him go after toddler Yoda and the Mandalorian. My guess is the point of having that person show up was to save her.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nice way to transition Mando from hunter into the hunted for next season. And maybe finding out the origins of the "yoda" race along the way. Seems like a lot of good stories to tell.

Read a bit about it, but Gideon's dark saber apparently has a long backstory in the expanded universe.

Didn't realize it at the time, but the two troopers with the long scene at the start were Jason Sudeikis and Adam Pally.

3. outofplace

I assumed it would turn out to be actors we have heard of before. That was a fun bit.

I believe the dark saber was important in the Clone Wars animated series and it has some connection to Mandalorians.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Correct on both accounts. It also appeared in one of the other animated series. Rebels, I think. Most of its history should be canon since the three Disney animated series are all canon, and that’s where most of its appearances are.

5. Deskgrunt50

I'll have to find the time to get around to Clone Wars at some point. A few people have told me it's pretty entertaining.

6. outofplace

I wasn't sure if it was on Rebels or not. I knew a bit of the story of the blade and looked more up today. I've watched only a handful of both series. I might get around to them eventually, but they are behind a few other things I want to binge.

7. outofplace

Gotta love Toddler Yoda. (He walks. He's a fucking toddler.)

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Just finished The Mandalorian last week. Sorry. I'm terrible at keeping up with appointment TV.
    So...
    Was Q90 Richard Ayode?
    Will the showrunners reveal that Lil' Yoda's name is Carl?
    Will we ever get Omera's backstory? She was pretty handy with the weapons.
    Same goes for Fennec.
    Carl Weathers owned Chapter 8 with one scene. The series needs to revisit him and Cara.

9. outofplace

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Cara Dune and Greef Karga.

I'm not sure if they will revisit Omera, but I'd like to see it.

I am very sure we will see Fennec again. I've posted before that I think it was Moff Gideon who found her and I think he saved her.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. outofplace

11. Deskgrunt50

With a lot of time at home, gonna revisit the first season. And maybe watch Clone Wars.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I just watched all of Clone Wars (well, all but the last episode that came out Friday) and Rebels. Had seen most of Clone Wars up to the last couple of seasons before that, but it was good watching again. Enjoyed both. Both of them lay some background information on Mandalorian history and culture that has an impact on "The Mandalorian."

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted