1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mandalorian running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think it’s time...

No one is allowed to bitch about Episode 7.

I have spoken.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

We are about caught up in the CW house. Really can’t wait to see how they settle/tease who or what baby Yoda is.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There's a bunch of conversation on The Force Awakens running thread. Regardless, I agree, Episode 7 is tremendous. It and Ep 3 are the best, I think.

Great set-up for the finale.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think the point was to have a place to continue to talk about it while avoiding the main Star Wars thread for fear of spoilers for Rise of Skywalker.

Scout likes this.
  5. cyclingwriter2

Caught up now. It’s been said, but this does a great job of giving fan callbacks while being able to tell a story anyone can watch/enjoy.

The fact that there have been three direct references (that I caught) to the Holiday Special is pretty damn awesome.

6. outofplace

I may have blocked out the Holiday Special because I didn't catch any of those.

A friend of mine just started watching with her husband. They aren't quite at my level of Star Wars nerdishness, so she asked if there was anything she needed to know. I can't think of anything. As long as you know there was a empire and a rebellion and the rebels won, I think you'll pretty much get what is going on.

7. cyclingwriter2

The references to the Holiday Special:

— his weapon is the same as Boba Fett’s.
    — the first bounty he catches mentions Life Day.
    — the scene of the mando on the dewback is extremely similar to the first shot of Fett in the special.

There may be more since it has been a long time since I watched it.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thought the finale was really good. Won't spoil it since it just came out. Gotta have more Giancarlo Espisito next season. The makings of a great baddie.

9. outofplace

Agreed. I thought it was a fitting end. There were a couple of episodes that weren't great, but overall it was a strong season.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The reveal at the end of episode 1 and the tragedy at the end of episode 7 were very good.

I loved the stormtrooper banter in episode 8.

I think a series based on the lives of stormtroopers would be very cool.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Until then, we'll have to make do with this legendary bit from the early days of the internet.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. cyclingwriter2

So is Gideon the mysterious stranger seen at the end of episode five? Or will he be someone else?

Draft saved Draft deleted