1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take care of yourself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny_Dangerously, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gracias, Oscar. The real "Go!" this weekend belongs to @MisterCreosote for running a 26.2-mile marathon. Way to go, Fuckhead!

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Songbird

Tuesday's A1C score was 5.2, down a few tenths of a point, so I'm still in non-diabetic range after being diagnosed with Type 2 in June 2017. I reversed it within a year and have been trying to keep the A1C well below the 6.4 that it was at the time of diagnosis. It likely would have been lower but during these last 6 months I cheated a bit more with sweets and carbs ... trying to find that moderation point because I'm unwilling to go carb/sweet-free. But I am willing to up my cardio game, which I have. This week's total: 150 laps in the pool and 22-23 miles walking. Still fluctuate between 245-250 pounds even though I feel much lighter and am much more agile. My body doesn't want to seem to drop any more weight short of suffering thru a spinach-only diet.

3. Songbird

Another week of cardio: 350 laps swimming, 17 miles walking. Lots of CBD and my body and spirit feel nice and chill.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Songbird

Another week of cardio: 250 laps swimming and 17+ miles walking.

Had this in my head for most of the hour on the treadmill this morning.

OscarMadison and HC like this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

O'Boingo makes it to every workout mix.

Songbird likes this.
  6. Songbird

One of the top bands of the '80s along with Depeche Mode, INXS, The Cure, and a handful of others.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Anybody use ice cleats for hiking in the winter? I think I need a mid-range type. More than shoveling the snow, but less than heavy duty winter hikes.

8. Songbird

Another few weeks in the book. Christmas and New Year's weeks at the rec center were truncated, plus a few days in the City, but got in a full 5 days today so going back to December 21 I've swum 500+ laps and walked about 65 miles.

9. Songbird

Another week: 200 laps in the pool and 13 or so miles cardio walking.

jlee likes this.
  10. Songbird

This week: 200 laps in the pool, 17 miles walking.

HC likes this.
  11. Songbird

250 laps swimming this week and 17 miles walking indoors and around town.

HC likes this.
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

anyone ever do OrangeTheory? I did my first class tonight, and it was actually pretty fun. I like the small class size and the activities. I’m going to try it for a full month (the 2x/week) schedule.

I burned 1,000 calories in 55 minutes. Not sure I’ve done that in my five best lifetime workouts, combined.

Draft saved Draft deleted