1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I hope your day is merry and bright.

Totally solo here with the dog. We did our family celebration Thanksgiving weekend because my daughter is due this week and I didn't want her stressed. So I'm going to take a long walk, cook a turkey dinner (making homemade stuffing) and then work.

Ho Ho Ho

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas! At my mom’s house and we’ll have some family friends over later. Back on the road in the morning in time to get home for the Boxing Day Prem matches. Nice and low key.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, y’all. Been an extended holiday season for the jlees. Gift exchange with my family in North Carolina on Thanksgiving. Then the missus and I celebrated at home in Virginia. We took down the lights and the tree, packed up the car and are in Ottawa to spend it with Mrs. jlee’s side. Because her mom isn’t arriving until 3 today and her aunt isn’t arriving until Dec. 27, the festivities will be stretched out to nearly NYE.

AOK by me. May you and yours be blessed.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to one and all! We just finished opening presents and I will make the traditional scrambled eggs and bacon for brunch. My daughter is here with us from France, but son Josh is at his girlfriend's mom's house this year. Since said house is in Maui, ya can't blame him.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, y'all.

We celebrated with both sides of the family over the weekend, so it's me, Mrs. Flip and the two little Flips at home today with no obligations to host anyone or go anywhere. Mrs. Flip gave me four new books -- on Houdini, Prince, Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Hoffa -- so I've got lots to keep me busy the next few weeks.

And the weather is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure we'll go for a walk later.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Happy holidays, @Moderator1 !

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas everyone!! Get to sleep in these days since boys are 18&20 now (cash please is what they want); had Christmas Eve dinner at steakhouse with my parents and sister and BIL (my family’s tradition) then dessert at her house and today it’s with my cousins and extended family at my cousin’s house. (We did it three past years and it’s fun but a lot of work).

I looked around these past few days and it’s nice to see happy people (although not everyone’s happy).

Hope most are happy today.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

RIP little buddy ...

[​IMG]

OscarMadison and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to @Moderator1 and all. I think I’ve been here since 2003. It’s been a fun ride, arguments and all. Here’s to many more fun times to come.

Fun Christmas here from stockings in the morning, coffee, bagels, presents. And the roast is in the oven for later.

We’re truly fortunate. Our best to everyone.

garrow and Moderator1 like this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Turkey with homemade stuffing in the oven and my joint smells incredible. Usually smells like ass and dog. Not today

Deskgrunt50 and Flip Wilson like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gingerbread/Guinness cake my daughter has baked has made home very aromatic. Now being supplanted by the aroma of rib roast in oven.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

We went out last night, driving around looking a lights, then came home and opened one present each. Most everyone went to bed early, so I stayed up and filled the stockings, got stoned, fell asleep on the recliner (unfortunately, @exmediahack, not a La-Z-Boy) and finally went to bed around 1:30.

Our girls, especially the 5-year-old, were very happy this morning. It was really rewarding and heartwarming to see how much the littlest swingline was into the holiday spirit — and the presents, of course.

The weather here is unseasonably warm — like, 68 degrees unseasonable — so the Mrs., two kids and I took a walk today to an Audubon nature area near our house. Later, I'm going to grill a turkey breast and we'll have the traditional Thanksgiving sides, too, so a feast will be had by all.

After several months, tomorrow we're going back on Keto, which I and my extra 15 pounds are looking forward to. Before that, however, I'm porking it up.

Merry Christmas, ya'll. Be good and play nice. Lord knows we could use it.

Peace.

Draft saved Draft deleted