1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A record in the making

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cyclingwriter2, Dec 14, 2019.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I went looking for something using the search function (it’s back, baby!) and got on the page of notable members. It appears that OOP is just a few dozen posts away from moving into fourth place all time in posts on this site.

I feel that needs to be honored with a brisket or a Franco Harris cake or something.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Where’s dooley?

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Who's got the max?

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Your top 10.

[​IMG]

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm at 25,000 and change and am not even on the radar. I need another 3,000 posts just to catch a guy who's been dead for a few years and another who hasn't posted here in more than seven years. I don't know whether to feel good or bad about that.

I am sixth in likes, though, and within spitting distance of Michael_Gee for a spot in the top five. Long as I stay off the politics thread I might be able to catch him for a hot minute.

Also, I'm not sure how you get "points," but what did Cranberry do to get 123 while everybody else seems capped out at 113?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A lot of the top 20 no longer post here (RIP spnited, maybe RIP mike311gd), so the overall standings are ripe for a shakeup. Hell, I have no idea where I stand myself. I can't see beyond the top 20.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

RIP Mike? Wow.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If the Steelers make the Super Bowl this season, 3rd place is in danger.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I suppose taking a whole year off kicked me down the ladder a few rungs.

I never paid the slightest attention to "likes," either getting them or giving them.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The Likes can't be accurate either. There is no way IJAG had only one like.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

She was gone before this place switched to the new software.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I imagine you can go back to the earliest existing posts and apply a “like” retroactively.

Draft saved Draft deleted