1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What's funny to note is an actor playing different characters across the shows. One of the very late, very brief CI captains was a contract killer in an earlier episode. The high-society (but touched) woman who killed her sister in one L&O episode later turned up as a lawyer on CI. The mom Karen from Stranger Things was a war on drugs casualty in the Abbie Carmichael years, then later turned up as a mistress to Dharma Initative's Ben Linus.

Here's a partial list: Actors/Actresses who have played multiple roles on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - IMDb

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

A full, detailed article on this is low-hanging fruit that has to have been done before. Lenny Briscoe started as an attorney, and one of the ADA's first showed up as a stripper, I think.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Even several of the defendants played multiple characters. This guy was tried three or four different times. He's a menace.

[​IMG]

Fred siegle and Chef2 like this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The GMC Christmas Commercial.
    Guy gives girlfriend/wife/whore/whatever a puppy.
    Girlfriend/wife/whore/whatever gives guy an $80,000 truck.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Would have loved to have played one of those characters who is only on screen for 30 seconds telling Briscoe and Logan saying they "I didn't see anything, but maybe you should ask the blonde he was with, man - some guys have all the luck." (Briscoe: "Well this lucky guy ended up in the morgue.") Or even a murder victim. Best I ever did was doing some background work on Grimm and Leverage.

6. swingline

The hooker with a heart of gold?

Chef2 likes this.
  7. swingline

Peloton actress on Today, um, today.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

She was pleasant.

9. swingline

Vance was on L&O last night playing a broker who made phantom trades and killed his boss. It was one of the seasons with Noth and Orbach as the lead detectives.

Fred siegle and sgreenwell like this.
  10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

People can complain about her all they want. I think she is incredibly beautiful, as is every other woman on an exercise bike ad. Monica Ruiz will not get me to start liking gin or exercise bikes, but she is great to look at.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The NFL Network's Road to the Playoffs ad.

It's sponsored by Mercedes-Benz ... and the model car in the plug is a 1962 Corvette.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The moron has gone from unwatchable in "can you hear me now? Good." To Sprint.

Draft saved Draft deleted