1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And the Oscar for Best Actor goes to ... Adam Sandler

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

... is what they're going to say at the 2020 Academy Awards.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And the Oscar goest t0....ADAM Driver......aaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

[​IMG]

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Looks like John Turturro in Rounders.

BTW, saw the 60 Minutes segment with him the other day. Rather creepy how he goes around looking for pickup hoops games with teenagers. jk

He said he played like five games over that weekend. His belly says otherwise.

My girl was commenting how he looks awful for 53, especially with his kind of money. He doesn't seem like the boozy, drugs type. But he doesn't take care of himself either. He's also kind of a slob, which I respect.

The part where he's back home in NH was touching.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

What part of the country does your girl live in that she thinks he looks bad for 53? He might not look great for a celebrity 53, but the average 53 year old in America is borderline diabetic with high blood pressure and looks every part of it.

RonClements likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing this.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I refuse to watch any Adam Sandler movie on the general condition that he sucks.

Tweener likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

what does part of the country have to do with it? Did you see the interview? He looked like shit, man, no joke. But that's kind of his MO and they even made light of it during the segment, noting how he doesn't tie his shoelaces and basically goes to press junkets in sweatpants. Like I said, I wish I could get to a point where I could be that sloppy and eccentric.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

All that means is he is a slob, regardless of age. He looks better than 90% of 53 year olds in this country.

RonClements likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

He still looks like shit though :)

10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

After Jim Carrey didn't even get nominated for an Oscar for "Man on the Moon" (after winning the Globe for the same movie), I'll believe it when I see it about the Academy giving Sandler an award.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    RonClements likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

He get nominated for The Truman Show? Shoulda gotten a mod for that role, too.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Jim's never been nominated for an Oscar. Been nominated for six movie Globes, winning for Truman Show and Man on the Moon (nominated for Mask, Liar Liar, Grinch and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

RonClements likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted