1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

$100 K is not comfortable in the British sense, which refers to a private (i.e, not work-related) income. I know the cost of living is different in South Bend than in Boston, but I'd put Pete at middle class. Also, he must've done a shit job at McKinsey if that's all he walked out the door with.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Michael-
    These people would steal the money out of our pockets if they could get away with it. The sums themselves don't mean much anymore.
    As for Pete, maybe he pissed away his earnings as many young people do.
    To me, overeducated and debt-burdened seems to be right in step with many Democrats.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

All this lying, obstruction, lawbreaking, norm destruction, collusion and gaslighting not for a war hero like Eisenhower, a right-wing true believer like Reagan or a loyal party guy like Bush 41, but for this guy:

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Craziest thing about that ad is that it's been 19 years since PH had the New Yorker pizza. I would have guessed maybe 8-10 years ago?

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's not going to hold up in court.

9. Michael_ Gee

He's two years older than my oldest child. My son's net worth (admittedly combined with that of his partner soon to be fiancee) is more than 100K. And he has worked in that weird junction of private PR, political campaigns and government work his whole adult life. Right now he works on digital communications for the NYC subway system. It pays OK, but you don't get rich. It is interesting to me that no one yet has done a deep dive on Pete's husband, who seems from all indications to be a swell person, but who might also have his own financial life.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

The Lubavichers of Brooklyn might be the first to sue him.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

A question for the lawyers on the site, with regard to Steve Castor.
    Rather than pushing conspiracy theory and lies, does Castor not have an ethical duty to advise a client when to fold?
    Him carrying the reusable grocery sack was appropriate as it's the manner in which he's been approaching all of this.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A shame ... witches deserve better colleagues ...

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.