1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 10)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Everton are going for Poch. He's too big for them.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Man, Everton has been either first division or Premier League since 1954-55. Would be a total stunner to see them in the Championship. Don't think it will happen ... but I don't think there are any complete shoo-ins for relegation this season like there was last season with Huddersfield (though my club is certainly trying to get there). The battle at the bottom is going to be intense for the next six months.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

To your point, 18th place and 8th place are separated by just 6 points. That’s 2 games. A couple of wins and you’re safe; a couple of bad results and you’re in the shitter. The PL has been like that the last couple of years.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Exactly. Southampton looked dead in the water, now they've gotten seven points in three games and they're fine. As rough as Watford as looked this season, if they can get just one damn positive result here, the tide can change quickly.

Or if things stay the same, I guess it's "enjoy Millway away, you c***s"

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watford hire former Leicester boss Nigel Pearson.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He’s had the typical arc of an English player. Excellent seasons at a mid-table club, takes an ill-fated stab at a big club. After discovering that the boots are too big, make a hasty move overseas, an unsuccessful return to England and then a move back to his original club, which has fallen on hard times which parallel his own.

9. Regan MacNeil

Four more years of Klopp hugs (which really are the best hugs).

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Arsenal-Everton was a rough watch.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That was such a massive three points for Watford ... six points from safety, big three days coming up after Christmas with Sheffield away and Villa at home. If the Orns can sneak four points out of that, I'll feel a hell of a lot better about survival. Three against Villa at Vicarage Road is a must, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted