1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 14- The Bird and The Beard Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 2, 2019.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lol. Your Newton hatred is ridiculous.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Giants fans: Hold my PSL

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very interesting. I can see fans' gripes about United fans not paying any PSLs, but the PSL perks of SEC Championship tickets at face value, Final Fours, etc., aren't bad.

From 2,000 miles away, I looked into buying PSLs for Vegas Raiders season tickets, figuring the tickets would bring a nice profit for a few years (and cover the PSL cost) as all those road fans take junkets to the desert. I would have paid $500 for the lowest PSLs in the nosebleed seats, plus the costs of the tickets (I forget what they were but they didn't strike me as too pricey), but those were gone early. All that was left when my number came up were $3,000 and up PSLs, which was a hard pass as the kids say.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if he will play this week and I know plenty of Steelers fans are frustrated with James Conner's injuries, but how can you not like the guy?

Steelers' James Conner meets Pittsburgh fan battling cancer ahead of win over Browns

I looked at a couple of stories and they didn't have last names for the cancer patient Conner met with or the friend who helped make it happen. They both appeared on Inside the NFL, with Conner linked in during the interview. One thing the cancer patient clarified is that the form of cancer is not untreatable, but it is so rare that doctors aren't sure which is the right treatment.

6. DanOregon

If it makes you feel better - the PSLs at the Coliseum were a fiasco. I feel bad for anyone who bought one. But hey, they got six home playoff games in 25 years so there is that. They've sold out this season for the most part 57k a game. I could see Vegas end up with a lot of empty seats down low. Will be curious to see what the scalper market is.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I heard he sells poisoned milk to schoolchildren.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

49ers color analyst on the radio says Lamar Jackson is so good because, and I'm paraphrasing, he can hide the dark ball against his dark skin making it hard for defenders to see where the ball is. Niners have suspended him. Curious if a pink slip is coming.

49ers suspend analyst for QB Jackson comments

9. DanOregon

A) It might have been an accurate statement. B) Does a black analyst saying the same thing get penalized? C) Probably would have been better of if Ryan just said "the visibility was so bad Sunday it was hard to pick up the mesh point...."

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He could have made a point if he had said "brown football against the backdrop of a dark uniform" or the black play card or other object Jackson was wearing. But he couldn't contain himself.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The fact that he said it twice. How does not one get to him after the first time and ask to see him when they get back to San Fran ... er Santa Clara?

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Stan Kroenke?

Draft saved Draft deleted