1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Psyched for new Florence + the Machine and Father John Misty discs coming very soon.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Australian rocker Courtney Barnett has put her second full-length album out, "Tell Me How You Really Feel." A bit of an angrier sound than her 2015 debut, IMHO.

Check it out:

We'll see if I can get to one of her shows ... touring the U.S. this summer and fall.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Great booking because God only knows what kind of show it produces: St. Vincent at Newport Folk Festival.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Picked up Booker T and the MGs’ McElmore Street, which is their instrumental cover of Abbey Road. I am torn between loving the funky approach to it and it sounding like a hotel lounge cover band.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah... when it works it's really, really good. When it doesn't, it reminds me of walking past the organ store in the mall when I was a kid.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Further reading on Altamont:

Cutler was the Stones' tour manager and left behind to deal with the mess.

This has got to be the best, most definitive account of that day:

Draft saved Draft deleted