1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Someone created a fake account designed to look like David Johnson's real account. They are using the fake account to tweet false information information to see who bites on it and reports it.

There's a guy who calls himself Barry McCockiner who creates fake accounts to "report" ridiculous shit and it gets reported as fact all the time. He created a fake Woj account and reported that the Chris Paul - James Harden relationship fell apart when Paul made Harden cry at practice by mocking his manboobs. Skip Bayless brought up the "manboobs" incident on TV that day with no clue it was (obviously) bogus.

Tweener, Big Circus and Liut like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He tells you in the tweet. In some typefaces, a capital I and a lower case l appear identical. In others, as here, they are just close enough to mistake one for the other at a cursory glance. You substitute one for the other in constructing the address of your fake account and use identical graphics.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Leach at FSU promises to be entertaining. Things might fly apart, but it won't be boring.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think the rest of the conference could use a boost from Leach too.
    Dabo basically said that the rest of the ACC sucks the other day.
    Can't disagree with him.

Liut likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Take one name off the board.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I don't even think Leach is really on FSU's radar right now. They are fighting with Ole Miss for Mike Norvell. Think about that for FSU -- firing a coach after 21 games to hire Mike Norvell. Certainly not going to inspire a lot of confidence in whoever the leadership is.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't tend to read stories crafted as questions.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

All I take from this is that Mike Leach really wants out of Pullman and is having his agent float his name for every job out there.

exmediahack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted