1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials you like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Nervous?

*sideways look from nurse*

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

There is a YouTube ad for a contraption to correct a person's posture. It is a shoulder harness connected to a belt-like thing around the hips. The connection between the two parts is short so that the person has to push back her shoulders and thrust her hips out a little bit. And the models are all women in tight t-shirts.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Extra Refreshers gum commercial with the old man and the teen boy playing checkers in the park with the man giving the kid the gum to use as an icebreaker to meet girls sitting on the park bench is very nice.

I didn’t realize that it was one in a series, showing the boy first meeting the man, showing them playing checkers, becoming good friends and in one ad, the man doesn’t show up, the boy finds him in a nursing home, and they hug. It puts the meeting girls ad in context because the boy is now growing up and the old man is letting go.

They’re also the same company that had the young couple meeting in high school and showing their relationship develop around the gum as they grow up.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I kinda dig the Coors Light commercial with the guys golfing. They are too cool and that's what golf should be. All in slo-mo, guys dressed in beachwear. One guy swings the club with his right hand while holding the beer can in his left. Ball goes about 30 yards. Another guy nods and smiles, and they saunter off up the fairway, not a care in the world.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

"We'll figure it out. I'll see ya in there."

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ha, I actually strongly dislike that gum commercial, with the kid drawing the sketches on the wrapper. They don't show the last commercial on TV, where he wears her skin as a new suit. But the checkers in the park commercial is a bit more mild and enjoyable.

justgladtobehere and Chef2 like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Coffee. Screen.
    You bastard.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I really enjoy a couple of the Peyton Manning Nationwide spots:

"Alexa, download some positive mental attitude. That's for you." (to Brad Paisley)

"Who are they playing?" "The Brads. They're the worst team in the league."

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've never been to Central Park, but based on decades of movies and TV commercials I assume it is filled with 10 year old white boys playing chess with kindly old black men.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The WWE wrestling commercial on FOX.
    "Can I borrow your pen?"
    SNAP.
    "Thank You"

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And dancers. The best are the tunnels/bridges - site of many a crime scene on law and order.

[​IMG]

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Liberty Mutual commercials with the guy and the bird crack me up.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted