1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

As anticipated, AD is becoming, or already is the No. 1 on the Lakers with LeBron sliding into the No. 2 role where he can fill the stat sheet and not have to worry about handling the bulk of the scoring. Davis, when he's healthy, is the best big man in the game, better than Giannis or Embiid.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I watched the first three quarters before turning it off (well, going to sleep) because the Lakers just seemed so flat, I didn't think they would make a game of it.

If they stay healthy (they won't) they'll win the Finals in 5.

Speaking of the finals, I though Mark Jackson and Van Gundy went in surprisingly hard on the NBA for making the regular season pointless. Van Gundy even called the NBA "the Titanic, because they've told the audience that the regular season doesn't matter."

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Lakers look really good... but if everyone's healthy I'll still take the Clippers coming out of the west.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just saw Giannis DUNK on post up (not fast break or running start) from OUTSIDE restricted circle, ridiculous.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The first play.
    Just stupid.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

My God.

If he's hitting KD-style turnaround fadeaways and 26' 3-pointers, he's a human cheat code.

Oh, and RIP Julius Randle.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Empty seat t-shirt giveaway in New Orleans tonight

9. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

To me, the NBA regular season matters for three reasons:
    1. Watching Luka
    2. Reading/listening to Zach Lowe
    3. Watching Luka
    Bonus: Watching Luka

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watching Clips-Blaz side by side at bar w Duke-MSU really shows what a drop in competition from pros.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If there is an opposite version of the most improved player award in the NBA, Kuzma is a shoo-in.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think the college game is largely unwatchable. It really is an enormous dropoff.

I've never gotten the Kuzma love. He shows flashes but he's nowhere near what Lakers fans seem to think. I suspect there's a good reason why New Orleans didn't insist on Kuzma being included in the Davis deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted