1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13- The Crossed Giblets Of Death Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They aren't exactly rolling to a wild card. They are clinging to it by the skin of their teeth. Tomlin has done a fantastic job this season, but he was also at fault for the way many of his previous teams underachieved. They often lacked discipline and that was a key part of last season's failure. Defensive Coordinator Keith Butler should have been gone two years ago. The team still suffers from inexplicable errors in communication and other errors that have been a trademark of that defense since Butler took over for LeBeau. This group just has a hell of a lot more talent than they have had on defense in a long time. Fitzpatrick is emerging as one of the best safeties in the league and T.J. Watt belongs in the conversation for NFL DPOY.

Tomlin isn't going anywhere. I don't think he wants to leave and given all that has gone wrong, I doubt he would be fired even if they lose every remaining game.

2. outofplace

I didn't see it, but allowing that and the 20-yard touchdown in that situation shows why the Texans won't be a real threat come playoff time in spite of what they did yesterday.

3. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Dammit. I wish I'd have thought of that. I knew ahead of time how this game would go. Browns gonna Browns etc.

Kitchens is too busy trying to be everyone's friend. The difference in cultures of those two organizations is staggering. I will continue to always bust on Rapey Raperson being the QB for the past 18 years or whatever, but there's not much else about that team that's not to be admired. And Tomlin and his staff this year have done remarkable things, as Poindexter pointed out.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Um, fuck you? Yeah, fuck you,

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The Texans went into a proprietary blend of going into a shell on offense and not trying on defense. Not great.

6. outofplace

He has, but he also lost the locker room last year. Maybe caving in to Brown's idiocy for years was the only way to get him to produce, but it also led to the mess that team was by the end of 2018. Overall, he has been an outstanding coach for the Steelers, but last year's mess was mostly his making and his teams have a very bad habit of showing up unprepared for weaker opponents.

Maybe that disaster and the further adversity at the start of this season was what Tomlin needed to regain control. I'm guessing we will see the answer to that in 2020.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He didn't really say this, did he?

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yep.
    Someone on Twitter @ripits247 has the video and audio of it as well.
    Just head-shakingly stupid.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s like your sitting around getting high with your friends and your stupidest friend gets more talkative the higher he gets. And starts to act like he’s really smart and says the dumbest shit. And you just laugh your ass off. And the more you laugh the smarter this high and dumb son of a bitch thinks he is. So he keeps saying the deepest stupid shit. Booger is that high, dumb son of a bitch.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've heard small school high school homer color guys do better than Booger.
    This is what you put in National TV in Prime Time?
    An embarrassment.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I highly recommend muting the television and listening to Harlan and Co. on WW1 radio.
    Only aggravating thing is radio is a couple plays ahead.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's gonna have some 'splainin to do the next time he goes home to Louisiana.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted