1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13- The Crossed Giblets Of Death Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Terry McAulay.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I pray the time has come for TB12 to drag his deflated balls into retirement, where he can firmly insert his tongue up FATUS's ass on a full time basis.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Once he’s retired you won’t hear much from him for a couple of years, until the divorce.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Always a great week when Jerry Jones, Brady, Gruden and Mayfield lose. My kind of Pick 4!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It really wasn't. The defender ran through the receiver before the ball arrived.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think he's quite there yet. He did this at times last season, too. I keep saying it and I stand by it. I'll believe he's done when he actually retires. I'll believe they are done this season when they are actually eliminated and not one second sooner.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think Brady's done.

I thought this three years ago, too, so who knows?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really looking forward to hearing Jim Gray asking him about his performance and what's wrong with the Pats on the Westwood Tom Brady Show Monday. :confused:
    I would ask the question about which day of Thanksgiving weekend players like playing on the most. I have to think it's the first slot on Thursday (then you get to gorge out and drink up and have a week to recover).

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Here's the play, along with the explanation by Alberto Riveron. He really didn't. He turned toward the sideline and the ball, and the two players collided. If anything, the receiver prevented the DB from having a chance at the ball. If the receiver didn't hit him, there's a good chance that's an interception.
    They always say the defender has just as much a right to the ball as the receiver, but if this is a penalty and the rule then that axiom is total bullshit. Teams should just put this exact play in their playbook. Throw the ball deep down the sideline and have the receiver run over the DB. Boom, 40 yard gain. Easy peasy.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even if it "is" technically correct - it's a ludicrous interpretation. The defender has a right to position - if the DB is "blocking out" the receiver? Ok - but he clearly didn't know where the ball was.
    The biggest problem with replay is that every call is overanalyzed. I'd much rather have a game "managed," where the calls are evened out over the course of play. I do wonder if that call would have been made a year ago, before the Saints Rams game. DBs don't get away with much anymore.
    I also think if a QB is going to be "protected" with the slide rule and the in the grasp rule, once they're wrapped up you have to whistle the play dead. Even if they are able to escape.
    One more thing - you think about all the protections they put in for QBs in the rules now and we've had half the starters miss time from injury. I have to think the protection rules only allow them to put themselves in riskier situations.

Batman likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This points out the most glaring difference in the rulebooks of college and NFL football. If you're beaten on a deep ball in the college game in that situation, go ahead and run into the guy. Penalty puts the ball at the offensive team's 45 yard line or thereabouts. No chance at a field goal even at altitude. But the spot foul is the killer. If the Broncos were contenders, you'd have one helluva conspiracy theory at work right now.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You also get to play the Lions.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted