1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13- The Crossed Giblets Of Death Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The way the Panthers are playing, ... well ...

After the announcement David Tepper made a couple of weeks ago, I hope Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney are renting and not buying. Cannot lose to a team at home under those circumstances. At 5-7, winning out probably won't get a playoff berth. The offensive line is horrible, and I hope people see that before they dive-bomb on Allen. The interior "run defense" is non-existent. Want to make your run game look healthy? Play the Panthers.

Something is seriously wrong. On the bright side, the narrative on Cam Newton automatically being gone has all but disappeared.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember Madden coaching the Raiders. Didn't then, aren't now.
    And Arrowhead is living rent free in Carr's head.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The 2019 season will be remembered as the worst product the NFL has yet put on the field, even as it allowed more illegal hits to the head.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I'm KC, Mahomes doesn't see the field in the 4th.
    In fact, I don't know that I put Hill or anyone else out either.
    That clock can't hit 0 fast enough.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you're the Raiders, the only people on that offense you're excited about is Jacobs and maybe Waller.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The ultimate indignity - getting switched away to Broncos-Chiefs.

I don't know if it's Carr or the offensive scheme, but checkdown passing short of the marker shouldn't give anyone confidence in the QB.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have to go back and watch it again. It looked like a clean hit just as Mayfield got rid of the ball to me.

Mayfield blew this one for the Browns. Landry was open and he just made a terrible throw on Haden's interception. Maybe it was the sore thumb, but I'll take it.

The Steelers put a lot of trust in Hodges today. I think he took more deep shots today than Rudolph did in any four games this season. Most importantly, they kept throwing on their final drive that ate up a big chunk of the fourth quarter. He converted third-and-six twice on passes to Johnson and McDonald and they even let him try it again near midfield with under two minutes to go. To be honest, I didn't love that last call. I'd have rather seen them run it and take another 45 seconds off the clock, but it's nice to see them trusting their quarterback.

James Washington is finally looking like the player they thought they got in the second round last year. He caught four passes for 111 yards and a touchdown today. One of those was a tough catch on the sideline and the touchdown was one he had to fight for the ball after the defender interfered with him.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

LMAO Chargers.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The most Chargers way to lose a game. Incredible.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Yep, nothing like watching a pair of 4-8 teams scratch and claw to see who will snatchj defeaty from the jaws of victory.

11. DanOregon

Don't know if its just because I watched more football this weekend than I normally do, or the play was especially ragged for whatever reason, and there were some great games - but a lot of play and plays that made you wonder if they just grabbed a some guys off the street on the way to the stadium. That last Charger PI call was bogus. They really need to stop expecting the DBs to know where the ball is, is going and also cover a guy. Looks like the Broncos won't be in the QB market next year though.

Batman likes this.
  12. DanOregon

Chiefs ended with zero accepted penalties for zero yards. Raiders actually outgained the Chiefs in the air and on the ground. And still got smoked.

The Raiders weren't going to do anything in the playoffs no matter what - but it would have been nice to see the team progressing.

Draft saved Draft deleted