1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Let them wear shorts; they’ll look more like athletes.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Tour players should keep wearing pants -- and it's not like they're wearing 1960s-era fabrics that don't breathe.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I wear shorts all the time, but I still think it's like watching your member-guest when you see them in shorts on tv.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

People like to say the golf community in general needs to loosen up. Stop being a sport that takes itself seriously. When it does, people rip it.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It’s loosened up some. At least Michael Bamberger and other TV viewers can’t call in rules violations anymore.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I got word that I might be invited to play at Bel Air Country Club, which is adjacent to UCLA (hasn't happened yet). I would have had to buy some appropriate pants.
    I played in shorts on a rainy, 47-degree day at Tukwet Canyon GC in Beaumont, which isn't adjacent to UCLA.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Pretty blatant bunker cheating by Patrick Reed on Friday. Cleared out sand from behind his ball with his club.

Pretty good meaningless tournament. Was a three-way tie for the lead through 14 between Woods, JT and Stenson. Woods has dropped back since.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Tiger’s played the back 9 like the Trump Medal of Freedom winner he is.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oops, deleted last post because I looked at the scoreboard wrong. Woods makes six birdies and looks justified in making himself a Presidents Cup pick. Carries JT to a 4-and-3 win.

Rest of the Americans losing right now.

Want to care more than I do. But, meh.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

All but Tiger are doing everything they can to not have to meet up with Trump after the tournament.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

They should be fine after today.
    My 8-toe prediction is 3-2 good guys today with alternate shit.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Internationals gotta win this year on their own soil (well, some players' own soil) to make this thing less of a farce.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted